Asparagus And Bok Choy is a tasty dish made with healthy Bok choy and asparagus. Blueberry Sachertorte is a finger-licking sweet dish made with blueberry filling and chocolate. A chef from Vivanta by Taj has shared these two recipes.
Asparagus And Bok Choy
Fermented black beans
Dark soya sauce
White pepper powder
Crushed red chillies
Fried garlic chips
Sliced bell peppers
- Blanch the asparagus and the bok choy in boiling water for two to three minutes. Strain it, rinse the asparagus and bok choy in cold water, and keep aside.
- Take a wok with a little oil and fry the chopped garlic until they’re light brown.
- Add the black beans and crushed chilli, and deglaze with little water. Season it with salt, sugar, pepper, and soya sauce.
- Now add the bok choy and asparagus.
- Make slurry by mixing some cold water and corn starch.
- Thicken the sauce with the corn starch slurry and finish it with some garlic chips.
- Garnish it with a few more fried garlic chips. Set up the bok choy in a tent-like manner in the centre of the dish and add some slices of bell peppers. Serve hot.
For the ganache
- Mix the butter and icing sugar together until it becomes creamy in texture.
- Add egg yolks one by one and blend.
- Now melt the dark chocolate, add it to the mixture, and fold it all in. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, make meringue until it’s fluffy, then add it to the chocolate mixture.
- Add all the dry ingredients and fold in the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a baking tray and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Once it is done, allow it to cool and sandwich the sponges. Sprinkle little sugar syrup over it to make the sponge moist, and then apply blueberry filling on the sponge. Repeat the same for two layers or as preferred. Top it with ganache.
- Garnish and decorate the dessert as shown in the picture by using papaya scoops, dusting of cocoa powder, mint leaves, and a chocolate cigar.