One of the most common and serious health problem faced by women is breast cancer. Area where this type of cancer forms is in the cells of the breasts. The cells in the breast tissue multiply in large numbers and they all form one big cluster, a tumour. In most cases, if not treated soon, this type of cancer spreads to other body parts through blood stream.
Luckily, the increase in the amount of awareness and advances in diagnosis has decreased the number of deaths caused due to this serious health problem.
In this article, let us discuss two causes and two symptoms of this type of cancer:
- Women who have a late menopause or get periods at a young age are prone to this type of cancer.
- If you are giving birth to a child after 30 years you are probability at a risk of having breast cancer.
In the beginning stages, it is quite difficult to notice any symptoms. The best way to find out is go for routine physical examination.
- You may notice the skin near your breasts is peeling off and it might be orange in colour.
- One of the most common symptoms is you may spot a growth of lump in the armpit or breast. You may also experience pain in your nipple, breast and armpit.
- One of the vital tips to prevent breast cancer is to indulge in any form of physical workout on a daily basis.
- Keep the duration and dose of hormone therapy in control.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Stay away from smoking and limit your intake of alcohol.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com