Eating nutritious food doesn't always mean that you need to compromise on your taste. There are plenty of dishes in India that are extremely delicious and at the same time loaded with a whole lot of nutrients. One such dish is Dhokla, which is a popular Gujarati snack. This is considered to be one of the healthiest snacks as it is low in calories and high in all the essential nutrients. Dhokla is high in protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. Having dhokla for breakfast is one of the best things to do as it keeps you energized throughout the day. Do try out this simple recipe at home and feed your loved ones.
How to make dhokla at home?
For the batter
● In a large mixing bowl, take 1 cup gram flour, 2 tbsp sooji, and ¼ tsp turmeric powder. To this add 1 tsp sugar, 2 tsp oil, a pinch of hing, ¼ tsp salt and ½ cup water. Mix all the ingredients with a whisk. Make Sure there are no lumps in the batter. Allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes.
● Take a microwave safe bowl and grease it with some oil/ butter. After 10 minutes of allowing the batter to rest, add 1 tsp eno and combine it gently till it becomes light and frothy.
● Now transfer the batter into the greased microwave safe bowl and heat it for about 5 minutes. After five minutes, insert a toothpick and check if it is fully cooked or not. If the toothpick comes out clean, then it is completely cooked.
● Allow the dhokla to cool completely. In the meantime, take a small pan, add 2 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp sesame seeds. Once it starts to splutter, add a few curry leaves. Turn off the heat and pour this on the dhokla.
● You can cut the dhokla into squares or any desired shape. It's ready to serve.
Pic Courtesy: pIxabay.com