Apart from being a very talented interior designer, Padma Somireddy is also a great cook. Because she is a working woman, Padma doesn't cook too often but tries hard whenever she finds time and loves experimenting with different flavours. This week, Padma shares two healthy and easy-to-prepare recipes to make Independence Day parties more fun!
|large raw shrimp
sliced cucumber rounds
minced red onion
|1 lb (peeled and deveined)
½ cup (chopped)
1. Blot the shrimp pieces dry using a paper towel and place into a medium bowl. Add the dry seasonings and toss gently until it’s well coated.
2. Take a cast iron skillet and heat avocado oil over medium-heat. Add the shrimp pieces to the skillet and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When the shrimp pieces turn pink, transfer them to a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Once the shrimp pieces are cooled, remove them from the refrigerator.
5. Spoon 1 tablespoon of mashed avocado onto each cucumber slice and top it off with shrimp.
6. Before serving, garnish with red onions and cilantro.