Are you finding it hard to make your child eat Spinach? Well, here is a great way your child can consume a large portion of spinach. This cream of spinach soup is so delicious, your child might even ask for a second helping!
• 2 ½ cups chopped spinach (palak)
• 2 cups of water
• ½ cup finely chopped onions
• 2 ½ tbsp. fresh cream
• 2 tbsp. butter
• 2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in ½ cup cold milk
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Heat the butter and sauté the onions on medium flame until they’re soft (not brown).
• Add the spinach and sauté for a minute.
• Add 2 cups of water, mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow it to cool completely.
• Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a smooth the purée.
• Strain the purée with a sieve and transfer it to a kadhai.
• Combine the corn flour mixture with the cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Add this to the spinach purée and mix well. Cook it for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Add the salt & pepper, mix well and allow it to cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Garnish with cream and serve it hot.
Pic courtesy: Pixabay