For the biscuit base:
Digestive biscuits 1 cup
Melted butter 5 tbsp
For the filling:
Crumbled paneer 1 cup
Sugar 4 tbsp
Milk 1/4th cup
Whipped cream 3/4th cup
Vanilla essence 3 drops
For the Strawberry sauce:
Mashed strawberries 1 cup
Sugar 3 tbsp
Cornflour 1 tbsp
Lemon juice ½ tsp
For the biscuit base
- Combine the coarsely crushed biscuits and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread and press the mixture into the base of a 150 mm. (6") loose bottomed cake tin.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Keep aside.
For the filling
- Combine the paneer, sugar and milk in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Strain the prepared mixture with the help of a sieve.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and vanilla essence and mix well. Keep aside For the strawberry sauce
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside How to proceed
- Arrange the strawberries evenly over the set biscuit base.
- Pour the prepared filling over it and spread it evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for atleast 4 hours.
- Pour the prepared strawberry sauce evenly over it and refrigerate again for 3 hours.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com