|Fresh lemongrass sticks
Lemongrass (trimmed and coarsely chopped)
Fresh coriander (chopped)
Fresh red chili (coarsely chopped)
Finely chopped garlic
King prawns (shelled, deveined)
Salt and pepper
• Soak 5 fresh lemongrass skewers in cold water to prevent them from burning.
• Process lemongrass, coriander, fresh red chili, and sugar and lemon juice until a thick paste forms.
• Then add turmeric and curry powder and season with salt and pepper.
• With a sharp knife, cut the prawns along the underside without cutting all the way through.
• Open out each prawn lightly by flattening it with your palm. Press one teaspoon of the lemongrass paste along the cut.
• Insert skewers into prawns.
• Brush the prawns lightly with oil. Cook on a heated barbecue or frying pan until the prawns are browned lightly on both sides and just cooked through.
• Serve the prawn skewers with lime wedges.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com