Canned pineapple 1 cup
Pineapple syrup 4 tbsp
Plain flour 2 cups
Baking powder 1 ½ tsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Condensed milk 3/4th cup
Melted butter 4 -5 tbsp
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and remove the excess flour. Keep aside
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and canned pineapple and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Add the canned pineapple syrup and fold gently. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmold the cake.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com