Check out this recipe of Pesto Penne Pasta. A traditional Italian sauce, Pesto features a rare combination of walnuts or pine nuts with basil leaves and olive oil.
Red chili flakes
For Pesto Sauce:
Fresh basil leaves
Chopped walnuts (akhrot)
1 ½ tbsp
½ – 1cup
2 ½ tsp
• Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan; add the zucchini and colored capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
• Add the baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the prepared pesto, fresh cream, cheese and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Add the milk, chili flakes and oregano, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Add the cooked penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
• Serve immediately.
• If you use pine nuts, roast them lightly on a tava and then use it in making the pesto.
– Alekhya Reddy
– Pic courtesy: pixabay.com