Tea powder/ Tea leaves
|3 – 4
½ to ¾
½ - 1 tsp
• Boil the water
• Crush cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick in a hand pestle or spice blender.
• Add it to boiling water along with crushed ginger and tea powder.
• Boil it for about 2-3 minutes on a low to medium flame
• When the flavors are infused well, pour milk and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the tea darkens and turns thick.
• The flavor of the milk should vanish when the masala tea is ready
• Filter to serving cups
• Serve masala chai hot or warm with biscuits or cookies.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com