• Combine the yeast, 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a deep bowl, mix well cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
• Combine the plain flour, milk powder, remaining 1 tbsp of sugar, salt and the prepared yeast mixture, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
• Add the soft butter and knead well till smooth.
• Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
• Put the dough onto a floured board and knead again using little flour till smooth.
• Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
• Roll each portion of the dough into a smooth round. Place them on a baking tray at regular intervals.
• Cover it again with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes or till it doubles in size.
• Brush the dough with little milk and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sesame seeds over each bun.
• Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
• Brush ¼ tsp of butter evenly over each burger bun.
• Cover it with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
• Serve or use as required.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com