Fig cubes 2 cups
Chopped Jaggery 1 cup
Lemon juice 1 ½ tsp
- Combine the figs and ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 12 minutes, or till the mixture has become soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while mashing it continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Cool completely and serve with toasted bread or store it refrigerated.
This jam stays fresh for 1 week if refrigerated and stored in an air-tight container.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com