For the potato bajji:
For the potato bhaji:
• Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the curry leaves, green chilies, asafoetida, turmeric powder and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Add the potatoes, chili powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
• Discard the green chilies and keep aside.
How to proceed:
• Grease the idly stand with a little oil and put 1 tbsp of the idly batter in each mould and spread it lightly.
• Put ½ tsp of the prepared coconut chutney and 1 tsp of the potato bhaji.
• Cover it with ½ tbsp of idly batter over the bhaji in each mould. Steam in a steamer for 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
• Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make more idlis. Allow the idlis to cool slightly and demould them.
• Serve warm with sambhar and coconut chutney.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com