Deseeded sticky black dates
• Blend the dates in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
• In deep non-stick pan, lightly roast the oats on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
• In a deep non-stick pan, roast the almonds on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
• Combine the dates, oats, almonds and mixed berries in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
• Combine the peanut butter and honey in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
• Remove from the flame and add it to the date-oats mixture and mix well.
• Grease and line a tray with a butter paper and pour the mixture into it and using your palm, press it out to form a square.
• While it is still warm, cut into 8 equal rectangular bars.
• Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
• Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com