Plain Flour 2 cups
Dry Yeast 1 tsp
Sugar 1 -2tsp
Butter 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 1 -2 tsp
Milk 3-4 tsp
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, butter, salt, yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using approx. ½ cup of warm water.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Grease a baking tray with oil and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball and place it on the greased baking tray.
- Cover them with a damp muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 minutes or till they rise well.
- Brush it with milk evenly.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Immediately brush it with melted butter, cool slightly and serve warm.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com