Milk 3 cups
Sugar 3/4th cup
Corn flour 2 tbsp
Fresh cream ½ cup
Banana ½ cup
Butterscotch essence few drops
For the Praline:
Sugar 1/4th cup
Cashew nuts 1/4th cup
Butter 1 tsp
For the Praline
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts and butter and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a greased flat surface and allow it to cool and harden.
- Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle.
- Store in an air-tight container and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Combine ½ cup of milk and the cornflour in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of milk and sugar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cream, bananas, butterscotch sauce and essence and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for 6 hours or till semi-set.
- Pour the mixture into a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container, add the prepared praline and mix well.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and freeze for approx. 10 hours or till set.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic courtesy: pixabay.com