When we think of roses, our minds can’t help but drift towards notions of beauty and peace. And indeed, this quintessential flower can work miracles on the skin. For starters, here are a few of the many uses and benefits of the rose flower:
Used as an ingredient in cosmetics.
• Used in scented candles and perfumes.
• Rose essential oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, making it perfect to topically treat abrasions, burns and other skin conditions.
• Rose water can be an effective way to treat acne.
• Acts as a natural astringent.
The riches of Rose Tea:
• Makes skin young and healthier. Rose petals are rich in antibacterial, antiseptic, and anti-oxidative properties. To lock the moisture in the skin and to keep it soft and hydrated, this tea can also be used to rinse the face. The antioxidants in it remove out the blemishes, leaving you with a soft, smooth and radiant skin that looks visibly younger.
• Strengthens the immune system. This tea is a very good source of vitamin C. A warm cup of rose tea is an effective home cure for a sore throat, plus its vitamin content helps fight infections, ensuring a faster relief from a running nose or cold.
• Improves digestion. The various organic acids present in rose petal tea increase the digestive power of the body. The stronger your digestive system is, the safer your gastrointestinal tract from diseases and infections is
• Natural Stress buster. If you’re stressed or nervous about something, drink rose petal tea to mellow down your stress levels. It has a positive impact on balancing the stress and emotional hormones by calming down your nervous system.
• Rose tea helps the nervous system by relieving insomnia, depression, and fatigue.
• It eases fluid retention and accelerates the elimination of wastes through kidneys.
• By clearing all toxins and heat from the body, it cools the body too.
• Rose petals are rich in polyphenols that help in prevention of cardiovascular diseases in addition to osteoporosis and even cancer.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com