Activated Charcoal may not seem to be the most attractive skin care ingredient, but it has been widely used in skincare products. Due to its magnetic property of absorbing dirt, oil and other harmful substances from clogged pores, activated charcoal is ideal for getting a radiant and flawless skin.
Here are 4 benefits of Activated Charcoal:
• Getting rid of acne: Due to its high absorptive power, activated charcoal draws impurities and harmful toxins out of the skin. By regularly using activated charcoal one can get rid of acne. Mix one capsule of charcoal powder along with a teaspoon of aloe vera gel, one teaspoon of rosewater or water, tea tree oil and a pinch of salt. Apply this facepack and let it sit for some time until it dries, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
• Body detox: Due to its magnetic properties, activated charcoal works wonders in getting rid of harmful toxins from the body. Activated charcoal is used to deter various kinds of poisons from releasing into the bloodstream; similarly it can be used as a detox. Activated charcoal helps unwanted bacteria move through your system faster, before they spread and multiply. Consuming one capsule on a daily basis helps one to stay healthy.
• Shrinking pores: Using activated charcoal in a primer is an effective foundation, not only does it shrink open pores and make them less visible but also clears the skin from all the impurities.
• Nourishing the scalp: Shampoos with activated charcoal relieve your scalp of dryness, itchiness, flakiness and other dandruff related issues. Apart from treating dandruff, activated charcoal removes toxins from your hair and adds volume.
- Alekhya Reddy
- Pic Courtesy: pixabay.com