We Indians take our weddings very seriously! When we celebrate, we do it on a large scale. Weddings and the events and activities surrounding them are very special to Indian culture. The last quarter of every calendar – the one we’ve already entered this year – is invariably packed with festivals and officially kick-starts the wedding season. With a long wedding and party season ahead, women and men alike are looking for quick solutions to look radiant and youthful all through the exciting but potentially tiring wedding season. As we immerse ourselves in the festivities, we tend to indulge in acts that are unfriendly to the skin and body. Here are some beauty tips to get you through the wedding season feeling and looking your best:
- Up your daily regimen: If you are not already particular about a healthy skin regimen, it’s time to turn to one. Adopt a daily routine of cleansing, toning, and moisturising; it’s essential to keep your skin in good health and prevent breakouts and other skin problems.
- Exfoliate your skin: As you welcome the winter, regular exfoliating will help you get rid of the summer tan and reveal more flawless and radiant skin. Procedures such as peels, microdermabrasion and at-home scrubs are a good way to achieve this. Exfoliated skin is also more receptive to moisturisers, which you are going to need aplenty as the weather cools down.
- Check your eyes: Healthy eyes are the most important beauty component. Too much work, sleep deprivation or a recent bout of illness can cause your eyes to sag and develop dark circles, making you appear unhealthy and older. Try visiting a dermatologist for a quick solution; a brief procedure with Juvederm fillers can wonderfully fill up your under-eye sacks.
- Add hyaluronic to your skin regimen: As winter sets in, your skin will be thirsty for hydration. Invest in a cream that has hyaluronic acid (HA), as it will equip your skin to absorb more water from the environment.
- Get a long lasting glow: If dull and lifeless skin troubles you, a quick session of Juvederm fillers will not only fill up the fine lines on the face, but also give a new glow that will last the entire festive season.
- Get rid of wrinkles: A Botox shot will erase the wrinkles from your forehead and around your eyes, making you look younger and more relaxed.
- Beautify your hands: Who has the time to go for manicures every month? If you desire a quick but long-lasting solution to beautify your hands, try hyaluronic acid-based fillers. They’ll not only plump up wrinkled and water-eroded hands, but also give them a beautiful glow.
- Get rested: Sleep is the most important component of any beauty regimen. Sleep time is when the skin repairs and rejuvenates itself. Say bye to late nights, get rid of your smartphone addiction, and try to get as much sleep as possible.
- Go lemony: Add two glasses of lemon water to your daily diet to help detoxify your body and skin, and give it a good dose of antioxidants. As you hop on to a season of possible excesses – including overindulging in food, drinks and sweets – your skin needs antioxidants to fight free radical damage.
- Hydrate yourself: This might seem like stating the obvious, but drinking lots of water is the key to keep your skin hydrated.
- Dr Madhuri TJ, M.D. (Derm), Cosmetic Dermatologist,
Laser Surgeon Transform Skin & Cosmetic Clinics