BAKED LASAGNE OF FARM FRESH VEGETABLES
coloured bell peppers
grated mozzarella cheese
garlic, finely chopped
fresh basil leaves, shredded
½ of each
1. Cut the vegetables into thin slices, and marinate with garlic, fresh basil, olive oil and seasonings. After half an hour, roast the vegetables. Make the tomato concasse by blanching 75 gm of tomatoes. Remove the skin, chop and cook slowly with fresh garlic, basil and olive oil.
2. Add a little tomato concasse and fresh basil leaves to the roasted vegetables. Blanch the lasagne sheets in boiling water until they’re cooked. Refresh them in iced water and set aside to dry. Dilute the béchamel sauce.
3. Place a sheet of the lasagne pasta and top with some of the roasted vegetable mix. Top with fresh basil, grated parmesan, a little béchamel sauce, tomato concasse and mozzarella. Repeat the procedure again by putting another lasagne sheet on top of the vegetables.
4. Repeat at least three times for extra layering. Finish with a final sheet of the lasagne pasta. Pour the rest of the béchamel sauce over it and finish with grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
5. Cook in the oven at 170 degrees celsius until a golden brown crust of the melted cheese is formed. Serve hot with a drizzle of basil pesto, reduced balsamic vinegar and top with fresh basil.