1 ½ tbsp
2 tsp + 3 tbsp
• Take about 4 cups of apples, cut them into pieces.
• Next place a pan on the stove. In this add apple pieces and ½ cup water. Keep stirring, now add ¼ cup sugar. Put it on medium flame and keep stirring until it starts thickening. Add pomegranate juice and mix well. Do not let it cool for long.
• In the apple jam, add the corn starch + water mixture. Keep stirring.
• Take a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup maida and 50 grams of butter. Using your hand, mix both of these ingredients thoroughly. Add some milk and keep mixing.
• Now take a pie pan, wet it with water. Place a wet (baking and cooking) paper. Now pour the apple jam and then a layer of the batter.
(Note: You can also do three layers, first layer: batter, second layer: apple jam and the third layer: remaining batter).
• Place this pie pan in the oven for about 20- 25 minutes at 200 degree Celsius. Once the pie crust turns golden brown, using a toothpick check the centre of the pie and if it’s fully cooked then remove it. Let it cool for a few minutes and serve it with vanilla ice cream.
Pic Courtsey: pixabay.com