With a 100kW electric motor and a 50kWh battery producing a range of up to 211 miles according to WLTP procedures, the all-new 100% electric PEUGEOT e-208 comes with three driving modes: Eco, to optimise range, Normal, optimising comfort, and Sport, allowing the driver to prioritise performance. The battery is covered by an eight-year, 100,000-mile manufacturer warranty.
Distributed under the floor plan of the all-new PEUGEOT 208, the 220L battery is positioned to allow maximum interior space and boot space to be maintained, matching the capacities of the petrol and diesel versions.
Three charging methods are available for e-208:
• Charging from a domestic plug: The e-208 charges using a classic domestic plug-in 20+ hours for a complete charge
• Accelerated charge at home: The e-208 can be charged more quickly and safely from a dedicated charging point which takes approximately eight hours for a full charge.
• Rapid recharging at a public terminal: 80% of the vehicle charge can be obtained in 30 minutes from a 100kW charging station.
Alongside the options to charge through these conventional means, the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 allows drivers to remotely activate the charging of their car via the Connected 3D Navigation colour touchscreen or by using the MyPeugeot smartphone app. The MyPeugeot smartphone app can also be used to pre-programme the car’s heating, air conditioning and windscreen defrosting.
THE EV SERVICES
Supporting motorists looking to make the transition towards electric, PEUGEOT will be launching new services to coincide with the arrival of the all-new PEUGEOT e-208. PEUGEOT’s new electric focussed services include:
• A range of at-home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation
• Public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to public charging points: drivers are able to pre-select terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging.
• Trip planner: a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services; proposal of the best routes taking into account the location of charging stations on the route, sent to the in-car Connected 3D Navigation
• Mobility Pass: extended mobility by means of a pass for a rental internal combustion engine when needed
• E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot app that allows drivers to receive advice on how to optimise their driving and the range of all-new e-208
• Serenity: aiming to reassure drivers in their EV discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind :
• New digital journey simulators to promote discovery and viability of the electric driving on the PEUGEOT website
• Special service contracts and road-side assistance, which may be included in a single finance package, to ensure peace of mind at all times
• Battery capacity certificate to facilitate vehicle resale with a guarantee of the vehicle’s battery charge capacity
PEUGEOT’s new petrol and diesel model 208 has also been developed to limit CO2 emissions. Built on the latest generation CMP platform, the all-new PEUGEOT 208 is 30kg lighter than the previous model and comes with improved aerodynamics, reduced roll resistance and optimised powertrains.
• Adaptive Cruise Control, Stop & Go with the 8-speed automatic gearbox (or Adaptive Cruise Control Stop & Go), the latter taking over driving duties in heavy traffic, below 20 mph (30km/h)
• Lane Positioning Assist, which helps keep the car in the centre of the lane
• Full Park Assist (with the 8-speed automatic gearbox). The system automatically manages steering, acceleration and braking when entering or leaving a parking space
• Latest generation Automatic Emergency Brake Assist (detection of pedestrians and cyclists by day and night up to 85mph) and warns of a risk of collision
• Active Lane Keeping Assist with course correction from 40 mph (65 km/h) upwards
• Driver Attention Monitoring, which detects the driver’s alertness on long journeys from 40 mph (65 km/h) using steering wheel micro-movement analysis technology
• PEUGEOT Smartbeam automatic headlight dipping
• Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation
• Extended traffic sign recognition (Stop, No Entry signs)
• Active Blind Spot Monitoring (with course correction), available from 7mph (12km/h)
• Electric parking brake
The models are designed to bring energy into the B-segment. With carefully sculpted curves and long bonnet, the electronic car presents a stylish, sporty exterior. The GT Line and GT models feature gloss black wheel arch extensions and window surrounds, building on the streamlined look of the PEUGEOT.
Instantly recognisable, the expressive front face features a large chrome grille, the full LED 3-claw headlight signature on the front and rear, and iconic PEUGEOT Lion adorned on the front bumper. The dynamic style is enhanced by a range of bright and original colours including: metallic faro yellow, vertigo blue, and elixir red.
Both the 208 and e-208 feature the new PEUGEOT 3D i-Cockpit® which offers agile and intuitive driving with a compact multifunction steering wheel, configurable head-up display, capacitive 7” or 10” HD colour touchscreen (according to version) and the 7 satin chrome ‘piano’ toggle switches. The interior environment can also be personalised with a choice of 8 RGB LED colours.
With all key tech accessible in the driver’s field of view, the cabin is spacious yet practical. Throughout the range, the dashboard is padded and the central section features a carbon finish.
• Large storage area under the armrest between the front seats
• Easy-access tray in front of the gear lever
• Concealable storage space in the central console that can be used for charging a smartphone
The design of the all-new PEUGEOT e-208 GT trim level is enhanced with Alcantara grey upholstery featuring a 3D technical mesh knit, and 17’ alloy wheels with special inserts.
– Source: Press Release