Once again it is the time of the year when we are all eagerly waiting to celebrate Diwali with great enthusiasm. The festival brings with it a sense of joy and a celebratory spirit. But at the same time, it keeps you on your toes with shopping, cleaning the house and attending Diwali parties. In the midst of all this, it will be wise to spend little time to your skin. After all it is your glowing skin that will help you to stay radiant this festive season.
Here are a few beauty tips that will help you look you best-
1. Keep yourself hydrated. One of the essential steps to keep your skin glowing is to drink plenty of water. On average one should consume at least eight ounce glasses of water per day. Water is known to have numerous health benefits; when it comes to skin it provides essential nutrients and replenishes the skin cells. It keeps the skin glowing by retaining the moisture.
2. Pay attention to your diet. Apart from drinking plenty of water, it is very important to keep a track on what you consume. For a glowing skin you must eat meals consisting of lots of vegetables and fruits. Some healthy vegetables are avocados, broccoli, carrot, spinach etc. On the other hand for a beautiful skin, one must incorporate fruits such as pomegranate, banana, papaya apple, oranges to their meals.
3. Moisturizer and sunscreen is a must. One of the key steps to keep your skin healthy and glowing is to apply a moisturising cream and a good sunscreen. Regardless of whether is it summer, winter or spring you must protect your skin from the harmful ultra violet rays from the sun. Do not forget to step out of the house without applying moisturiser and sunscreen.
4. Limit your sugar intake. Sugar is one of the main culprits of bad skin. Sugar pays a key role in breaking down the collagen. Collagen keeps your skin look younger and radiant. Sugar will also weaken your immune system, as a result a bad immune system will not be able to fight against bacteria. In order to look your best for the festive season, limit your intake of sugar.
5. Sleep well- With the ongoing preparations for the festival, it becomes really difficult to catch up on sleep. However, one of the best ways to ensure your skin looks beautiful is to sleep well. When you sleep, your skin makes collagen which helps to prevent sagging and other signs of aging. It also ensures proper blood flow to your skin. A good sleep keeps dark circles and those ugly puffy eyes at bay.
Pic courtesy: pixabay.com