As a college student or young professional, the biggest plan on our bucket list is a trip to Goa. If you’ve had a couple of plans and all of them were finally cancelled, this article is for you. If you’re looking for great deals on hotels in Goa, transport, places to visit, or the best restaurants then keep reading!
The most important thing on a vacation is a good hotel. A weekend trip means that all the hotels in Goa will be booked or costly. If you’re a big group of office colleagues, then you can call up the hotel and ask for a corporate discount.
If not, here are a few tricks that should come handy –
1. Look for hotel deals a week before your departure. This is when the hotel or the website will dish out their best deals.
2. Select hotels in North Goa as the prices are cheaper there as compared to South Goa.
3. You can also look for hotels on the outskirts of Goa for better deals.
If you live in Maharashtra then the best way to reach Goa is by an overnight Volvo or train. Both of these options are a very good way to save money while travelling.
For those who don’t live in Maharashtra or don’t want to waste time in travelling, you should start looking for deals right away. Here are a few things to note –
1. Scout the internet for various deals. You should also look at the airline websites for promotional discounts or deals.
2. Always book a flight at least 1 month in advance.
3. Make sure your departure and arrival dates fall on weekdays. A good example is – book a departing flight for Thursday evening and return early Monday morning.
Best Restaurants in Goa
These are the best restaurants in Goa which you must not miss –
You should try their Soy Sesame Tuna, Chicken Plate with Onion Jam and Chocolate Thali.
Cost for 2 – INR 2,000
Location – Ashwem Beach
This restaurant will satiate all your food cravings with their must-try items like Samarachi Kodi, Gaboi and the infamous Fenni.
Cost for 2 – INR 500
Location – Nerul Village, Candolim
Make sure to try the Wasabi Prawn, Teriyaki Boneless Chicken and Belgian Chocolate parfait at this European restaurant.
Cost for 2 – INR 3,000
Location – Calangute
However, the best way to eat a lot of food without spending the big bucks is to eat at the shacks. The beach shacks offer great food and drink options and are a must try!
Places to Visit
Here is a list of top 10 places that you easily see in one day –
1. Anjuna Beach,
2. Benaulim Beach,
3. Tomb of Saint Francis Xavier,
4. Basilica of Bom Jesus,
5. Dudhsagar Falls,
6. Naval Aviation Museum,
7. Deltin Royale Casino,
8. Tropical Spice Plantation,
9. Bogamalo Beach,
10. Mallikarjun Temple.
I hope this helps you in finding the best hotels in Goa, flights and more. Have a great trip and let us know if you’ve any questions.
The views presented in this article belong to the author, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of You & I.