Eyes are vital sense organs which are used for seeing the world, reading, writing, and expressing your emotions. This means they need to be looked after with extra care. But the work schedules, long hours in front of the computer, previous eye injury, and pollution woes and other hereditary factors can hinder your effort to maintain healthy eyes. While all these factors listed can lead to dry eyes, treating them shouldn’t really be a problem for you if you keep these home remedies on hand.
Following are a few more causes for dry eyes:
• Certain medical conditions
• Certain medications
• Environmental influence
And here are the symptoms for this condition:
• Itchiness, dryness, and pain in both the eyes
• Mucous in and around the eyes
• Sensitivity to light
• Fatigue in eyes
• Blurred vision
Listed are the ways to get some relief from dry eyes.
1. Vitamin D. Deficiency of Vitamin D can be one of the causes of dry eyes. Foods like egg yolks, fatty fish like salmon or tuna, walnuts, nuts, and seeds help in boosting vitamin D in your body and thereby escaping the dry eye problem.
2. Warm compress. Using a warm compress on your eyes will enhance relaxation. Do it twice or thrice a day.
3. Make changes to your environment. When you smoke or are caught amid dry winds, you may get dry eyes. It’s best to stay indoors when it’s windy outside and protect your eyes while skiing or riding a bike with glasses.
4. Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 helps reduce inflammation in the eyes. Fatty fish (such as tuna, salmon, mackerel, sardines), chia seeds, soybean oil, walnuts, palm oil, ground flaxseed and flaxseed oil are the best foods.
5. Blink more
6. Drink fluids
7. Get adequate sleep
8. Use Eye Drops Or Ointment
Pic Credit: Pixabay.com