If you’re among those who don’t have the time to go to the gym, then working out at home is a good option for you! And you don’t really need heavy equipment for it either! You can stay fit andeven get the weight lossresults you want from your living room itself.
- Body-weight exercises.One of the best tools you have at your disposal for exercising is yourself! All the rage nowadays, bodyweight training focuses on improving your functional strength through movements like pushups, squats, pull-ups, planks, dips, etc. Functional strength is what you need to perform daily tasks in your life and body-weighttraining can be just as effective as the traditional weight-lifting at a gym.
- Keep it Simple. Working out at home is all about convenience. Make it as easy and pain-free as possible! You don’t need to do complex working sets. In fact, a simple workout with normal resting sets, performed at a high intensity is very effective.So, go easy and make the sets more convenient for you to perform!
- Exercise in short bursts.People think that you need to exercise an hour a day to see results but a recent study showed that those who exercised for just 9 minutes every day received similar cardiovascular benefits as those who exercised 25 minutes a day! Isn’t that incredible?It’s not about exercising less but intensely even if it’sfor 10 minutes.
- Walk. Walking briskly will help increase your exercise capacity. You can try fitness apps for counting your steps and keeping a track on your daily walking activity.If you need to make it more difficult, you can carry 1 Kg dumbbells!
- Be Persistent. The best way to get in shape is to stay active and exercise persistently. Whether 10 minutes a day or over 30 minutes, you will get some great results if you’re persistent! Pro tip: Try to stay active through the day!
- Ask your friend or spouse to keep you accountable as accountability is a great motivator to work out! Have them check on you from time to time: a phone call a day/week should be enough. - Sumana Reddy