Olive oil is a fat obtained from the olive, a traditional tree in the Mediterranean region. Apart from cooking, Olive Oil is also consumed in large quantities by the cosmetic field as well. Here is how you can use olive oil to improve your skin and hair.
OLIVE OIL FOR YOUR SKIN:
• Take equal amounts of water and oil in an airtight jar and shake well. Massage your face with this solution and wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Mix equal quantities of Olive oil & tea decoction and apply where needed. Leave it on for an hour and rinse; it leaves a residue on the skin.
• The regenerative properties present in Olive Oil help to get rid of stretch marks, sunburns and even moisturizes chapped lips.
• You could also use it as a cuticle cream and it’s also a great solution for cracked heels.
OLIVE OIL FOR YOUR HAIR:
Olive oil as a conditioner:
• Mix 4 tbsps. of Olive oil with ½ tsps. of honey. Put the bowl containing this solution in another bowl of boiling water.
• Apply the solution to your scalp and leave it on for 20 minutes before your usual hair wash and conditioning.
Olive oil as an anti-dandruff agent:
• Wet your hair with warm water and gently massage warm olive oil on to your scalp.
• Cover your head with a towel for about 30 minutes. This will allow the oil to infuse into the follicles of your hair.
• Shampoo and rinse thoroughly. Use a mild conditioner and avoid using a hair dryer.
Pic courtesy: Pixabay