With Valentine’s Day coming, we’ve found an easy recipe for you to woo that special someone. These cookies are not only cute to look at and delicious, they are also fun and really easy to make! These will please the aesthete in you and also your significant other’s sweet tooth.
Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
Unsalted butter , cubed
1 cup, cold
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, and line the baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar, just until smooth and combined.
- Mix in the eggs until incorporated one at a time.
- Add the flour, cornstarch, and salt, and mix on medium low speed, until the dough gathers itself into a ball and pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Divide dough into three parts.
- Roll each section of the dough ¼ inch thick between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Refrigerate while you do the next section of dough.
- When all three parts are finished, take one part of the dough out of the fridge, remove top sheet of parchment and cut out shapes.
- Roll second section, cut out and combine remaining dough from first section, roll back out between parchment, refrigerate and continue on with 3rd section.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely, then roll and cut out fondant hearts.
- Spread a small layer of buttercream frosting on each cookie and place the fondant on top.
- For the Brushstroke mix pink and white gel paste together to form a desired color you like
- Use cake decorating brushes to make brush strokes onto the white fondant.
- Mix and match colors and use gold dust for another charming touch!
Credit - https://sugarandcharm.com/2017/02/easy-brushstroke-sugar-cookies.html?section-9
Picture credit - https://sugarandcharm.com/2017/02/easy-brushstroke-sugar-cookies.html?section-1