This Valentine’s day treat your special one with delicious Coco passion cone and Chocolate Sable Breton With Irish Cream. A Pastry chef from Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre has shared these two recipes
Coco passion cone
For almond biscuit
For coco passion mousse
Passion fruit puree
- For the almond biscuit, whisk egg white, sugar, and vanilla essence until it’s fluffy and airy.
- Fold in a mix of flour, almond powder, and baking powder.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients. Pour the mixture onto the parchment lined tray.
- Bake it at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes. Once baked, let it cool.
- For the coco passion mousse, boil coconut milk, sugar, vanilla essence, and passion fruit puree together.
- Soak the gelatine in water and keep it aside. Whip the rich topping until it forms peaks.
- Melt the gelatine and add it to the passion fruit cream mixture. Fold in the whipped topping when the mixture has cooled. Pour the mixture into a cone shape mould and freeze until it is firm.
- To assemble, cut the almond biscuit in a round shape and arrange the glazed coco passion cone on it. Garnish it with a chocolate bar and an edible fountain flower.
Chocolate Sable Breton With Irish Cream
- For the chocolate Breton, cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy. Then add eggs gradually.
- Add honey, and then finally add a mix of fl our, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Don’t over mix the dough.
- Store it in a chiller for 30 minutes. Roll the dough to 5mm thickness, and cut out rectangular shapes.
- Put them in a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for eight to ten minutes at 160°C.
- For the Irish cream, make sabayon with egg yolk, castor sugar, and vanilla essence. Then add fresh cream. Let the sabayon cool down, then add the gelatine, Baileys, and finally the whipped cream.
- For the coffee cremeux, heat milk, cream, and sugar together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add egg yolks, eggs, and coffee powder. Mix all of this together and strain the mixer. Pour the mixture in the tray and bake it in double boiling for 15 minutes at 160°C and refrigerate it.
- To assemble, arrange the Irish cream on the baked chocolate Breton. Garnish it with coffee creme anglaise filled chocolate shell.