New Year’s Eve parties are the time you can go a little extra think glitter, metallics and bold colours. It's time to dust off your ordinary beauty routine and glam it up with these hair styles and makeup from TIGI’s experts and Lakmé Salon that will get you party ready in no time.
Audrey D’Souza, TIGI Educator shares these three hair styles:
The Beachy Brunch Look:
- Apply a coin size amount of volumizing mousse on damp hair.
- Use a heat protectant and completely blow dry the hair.
- Add a little bling by taking the top half of your hair and securing it with your favourite accessory.
- Lightly brush the hair with a boar bristle brush to add some texture and finish using a volumizing hairspray.
The Boho - Mermaid Look:
- Get the base right by applying a texturing serum.
- Part the hair into two and work with volumizing mousse for a messy, Bedhead look
- Maintain the tempo and take smaller sections using the Dutch braiding technique and secure the end with a black ribbon.
- Finish the look with a texturizing spray
The Lazy-Girl-Turns-Sophisticated Look:
- Start by applying power dry on the hair for achieving good texture and smoothness for the look
- Create three sections, separating the back from the sides, using a radial parting so that the front can be easily shaped over the ears. Start at the back, using a stuffing, and roll the hair towards the nape, moving upwards in outward direction
- Secure the sides and the center using bob pins and tuck the hair into a messy bun
- At the end spray some hard holding-shine spray for a long-lasting hold and shine
- TIGI/ Lakmé Salon
Sushma Khan, National Creative Director for Makeup, Lakmé Salon gives a few tips on how makeup stays on longer:
- Air brush makeup is highly recommended as it will give your skin a natural and long-lasting finish. It is great to use when facing a high definition camera as it gives a picture-perfect finish to your look. The Liquid Lustre and High definition airbrush makeup services at Lakmé Salon are a quick and easy way to achieve a flawless look.
- Choose from a variation of eye liners ranging from coloured or shimmer to holographic and apply using graphic techniques.
- Opt for Ombre lips in gradients starting from soft nudes to brighter colours like cherry reds, orange and fuchsia. These will compliment your outfit adding another dimension to your look.
- Swap your highlighter for a holographic coloured blush to get shine and colour on your cheeks.