Custard Apple is a delicious, healthy and seasonal fruits. This particular fruit is liked by many people. Custard apple is commonly known as Sitaphal. It belongs to the Annonacea family. This heart shaped fruit is mainly found in South America, West Indies, Mexico and Peru. Sitaphal is loaded with Vitamin C, fibre, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin A, calcium, iron and niacin.
As far as the health benefits of custard apples are concerned, it is known for making the immune system stronger, reduces the risk of cancer, provides energy, good for teeth, enhances brain health, keeps eye healthy, prevents heart attack etc.
Health Benefits of Custard Apple:
- Prevents Heart Attack- Custard Apple are known to prevent heart attacks. They are rich in magnesium, Vitamin B6 which further help in preventing the homocystein collection that minimises the risk of heart diseases.
- Boosts the Immune system- Custard apples are high in Vitamin C. This amazing fruit also consists of anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. Custard apples remove dangerous free radicals from the body and prevents from various diseases.
- Good for eyes- The presence of Vitamin A & Vitamin C is very beneficial for a healthy eyesight. The free radicals ate destroyed due to the presence of Vitamin B2 and riboflavin.
- Enhances brain health- This tropical fruit is a good source of Vitamin B complex, which controls GABA neurons in the brain. Custard apple also calms down problems like depression and stress. It also helps people suffering from Parkinson’s disease.
- Good for the digestive system- This tasty fruit is also very effective for curing all digestive problems. It prevents ulcers, heartburns, gastritis and acidity. It is also used to treat diarrhea and dysentery.
Pic courtesy: pixabay.com