Refreshing and easy strawberry margarita is prepared using tasty strawberries and tequila along with orange liqueur which adds a nice flavour to the drink. The Mint Julep is another classic southern cocktail prepared with Bourbon whiskey and fresh mint leaves. A Bartender from Radisson Blu Plaza, Hyderabad has shared these two recipes.
1. Combine the crushed strawberries, ice, tequila, lime juice, sugar, and liqueur in a blender, and process until the mixture is smooth.
2. Serve in a margarita glass, with a wedge of lime and salt along the rim.
Fresh mint sprigs
- Place the mint and simple syrup or sugar in a julep cup, Collins glass or double old-fashioned glass.
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and to release the oil and aroma of the mint.
- Add the Bourbon.
- Fill with crushed ice and stir well until the glass becomes frosty.
- Garnish with a mint sprig