lamb shank 200 gm
star anise 1 piece
salt 1 gm
black pepper 1 gm
extra virgin olive oil 10 ml
potato 120 gm
cream 50 gm
garlic 5 gm
lemongrass 5 gm
red curry paste 10 gm
coriander 2 gm
coconut milk 10 gm
demi-glace 150 gm
tomato paste 20 gm
1. Wash the lamb shanks, and arrange then on a heavy-bottomed tray.
2. Heat demi-glace and tomato paste with star anise separately. Season.
3. Add it to the tray, cover well with foil, and place it in a hot oven for braising.
4. Let it slow cook for 3-4 hours. Cook until the meat starts falling off the bone.
5. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes, and mash them smooth. Season, and add chopped lemongrass and cream.
6. Make the Thai sauce with garlic, red curry paste, and coconut milk. Add a bit of the demi-glace from the tray for extra flavour.
7. Serve the lamb shank with the side of lemongrass mashed potatoes and layer with the smooth Thai curry sauce.