While Sarah Jessica Parker might have brought Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo into the fashion limelight she admits that working in stilettos has taken a toll on her feet.
- Try and opt for leather made shoes as they expand through the course of time and try and avoid cheap materials like plastic. Avoid cheap shoes as advised by SJP.
- With parties lining up this month, surviving in stilettos and high heels becomes difficult. Here are some tips to avoid any stiletto ordeals:
- Make sure that the shoes are worn in to avoid shoe bites
- When possible line your heels with plasters to avoid blisters
- Tape your thirds and fourth toe together with some scotch tape or medical tape as it steadies the muscles in your foot
- Carry flip flops or foldable ballerinas in your purse so that you can change in to something comfortable when you start feeling the discomfort
- Try and opt for leather made shoes as they expand through the course of time and try and avoid cheap materials like plastic
- This is a good time to invest in some good quality gel insoles that take the shape of your foot
- Try and buy a shoe that is half up your shoe size so that while standing or dancing your feet are not cramped up.
- Take a break from heels and get a good pedicure and foot message to relax your muscles. When not needed stick to flat shoes.
..... Devashree Goenka