chicken leg (boneless) 180 gm
deep-fried matchstick potato 60 gm
oil 15 ml
garam masala (whole) 10-15 gm
jeera 5 gm
curry leaves 5-6
onion (finely chopped) 70 gm
fresh tomato puree 100 gm
Parsi sambar powder 1 tsp
Parsi dhaniya-jeera powder 1 Tbsp
chilli powder 1 tsp
turmeric powder 10 gm
coriander powder 10 gm
jaggery 15 gm
salt to taste
ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
1. In a deep pan, heat oil and add whole garam masala. Fry until aromatic, and add the onion and
ginger-garlic paste. Sauté until the onions are golden brown.
2. Add tomato puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the chilli powder, Parsi sambar powder, Parsi dhaniya-jeera powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Sauté until the oil floats on top.
4. Add the chicken pieces and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt.
5. Add enough water to cover the chicken partially and cover the pan. Allow it to slow cook until
the chicken is tender.
6. Garnish with the deep-fried matchstick potato. Serve hot.