fresh lemongrass stick 5
lemongrass (trimmed and coarsely chopped) 1
fresh coriander (chopped) 2 tsp
fresh red chilli (coarsely chopped) 1
finely chopped garlic 1 tsp
king prawns (shelled, deveined) 8
cooking oil 2 tbsp
lemon wedges 1-2
turmeric powder a pinch
curry powder ½ tsp
salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak 5 fresh lemongrass skewers in cold water to prevent them from burning.
2. Process lemongrass, coriander, fresh red chilli, sugar and lemon juice until a thick paste forms.Then add turmeric and curry powder and season with salt and pepper.
3. With a sharp knife, cut the prawns along the underside without cutting all the way through.Open out each prawn lightly by flattening it with your palm. Press one teaspoon of the lemongrass paste along the cut. Insert skewers into prawns.
4. Brush the prawns lightly with oil. Cook on a heated barbecue or frying pan until the prawns are browned lightly on both sides and just cooked through.
5. Serve the prawn skewers with lime wedges.