Pomegranate-blood orange Tiramisu Recipe
We all have sweet cravings, especially during special occasions such as weddings. The combination of orange and pomegranate might sound like an odd combination but sweet-tart oranges and pomegranate with creamy mascarpone cheese makes it an irresistible sweet dish.
Recipe for Pomegranate-blood orange Tiramisu-
2 cups freshly squeezed pomegranate juice
3 tablespoons orange liqueur
2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 containers of heavy whipping cream
1-1/2 cups of softened mascarpone cheese
¼ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 peeled and thinly sliced blood oranges
30 egg- based sweet sponge biscuits
1 Peeled blood orange for garnish
• Take two containers, in a shallow dish pour the pomegranate juice and liqueur and place it aside. In another dish take the softened mascarpone cheese and mix it with orange Grand Marnier liqueur.
• Take a mixing bowl and beat heavy whipping cream, vanilla and sugar until you get a soft consistency. Now slowly fold the whipping cream into mascarpone.
• Take a 9*9 square dish which is used for baking and spread a thin layer of cream and mascarpone mixture in the bottom of the dish.
• Soak the egg-based sweet sponge biscuits in the pomegranate juice. Now place one layer of the soaked biscuits on top of the thin layer of cream and mascarpone mixture. Add a layer of orange slices. To this add another layer of cream and mascarpone filling.
• To the final layer of cream garnish the dessert with peeled blood oranges. Refrigerate the dish for at least eight hours or overnight before you serve it.
- Akhila kakarala