Pla Rad Prik
1. Slice the fish and season it with salt and pepper, then dust in corn flour. Add oil to the wok and heat it. Fry the dusted fish till it turns golden brown. Drain this on a paper towel to soak the excess oil.
2. Heat a little oil in a pan and add chopped fresh chilli and onion, coriander root, and garlic, for the sauce. Add tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar, and a tablespoon of water and then fry. Season this with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the crisp fried fish into the sauce. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.
Water Chestnut and Shitake Salt and Pepper
1. Wash the fresh shitake mushrooms and water chestnut and pat dry. Cut the mushrooms into wedges and slice the water chestnut. Season with salt and white pepper and then dust in corn flour. Deep fry till it turns crisp and golden in colour.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped ginger, garlic, and celery; and sauté. Add chopped chilli, onion, bell peppers, crispy fried shitake, and water chestnut. Toss well, seasoned with salt and white pepper powder, and serve hot.