Roast Chicken with hoisin sauce is a popular and scrumptious Asian dish served with steamed rice or noodles. It is an easy recipe that can be prepared at home with tender chicken. A chef from ITC kakatiya has shared this recipe.
Peking Roast Chicken With Hoisin Glaze
Whole spring chicken
• Wash and clean the spring chicken.
• Blanch the whole spring chicken in boiling water infused with honey for 5 minutes. Remove and drain the bird.
• Marinate the whole spring chicken in rice wine, hoisin sauce, red chilly paste, ginger, garlic, onion, Sichuan pepper, sesame oil, Kikkoman soya sauce, salt and white pepper powder.
• Roast the chicken in the oven at 180°C for 20 to 25 minutes till it’s golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.
• Pour the drippings from the roasting tray into a pan, add chicken stock and check the seasoning. Reduce the sauce in the pan and glaze the chicken with it.
• Serve hot with steamed asparagus.