Prawn Balchao is a sweet and sour dish from Goa, prepared with pickle-like ingredients known as Balchao. This delicious prawn dish is served with Appam or rice. Mouth watering Poha Hara Kebab is a perfect appetizer made with Poha and Indian spices. A chef from Siaa Pan Indian Restaurant has shared these two recipes.
Red chilly (paste)
1. Season the cleaned prawns with lemon and stir fry to seal the juices, set aside.
2. Make gravy with the remaining ingredients. Cook on low flame and adjust seasonings. The gravy should be deep red in colour, spicy, tangy and semi-thick.
3. Add prawns and simmer till they are tender.
Poha Hara Kebab
1. Clean and boil the spinach, make a puree of it and cook on low heat till thick.
2. Add the puree to the grated paneer and potatoes, then add the remaining ingredients except poha. Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
3. Make small balls of the mixture, shape into discs, roll them in poha and shallow fry till crisp. Serve with dip of choice.