- 6 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cans(14 ounces each) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- ¾ freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoon orange based liquor
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Lime slices for garnish
- Position the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- Take a medium bowl, mix together butter and cracker crumbs. Press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes until the crust begins to puff.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack. If the crust has pulled away from sides, use the back of a spoon to press in back. Let it cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together condensed milk, tequila, lemon juice, zest, liquor and salt. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes to get a thick consistency.
- Pour this thickened mixture into the crust. Cover with a plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 or up to 8 hours, until firmly set.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in sugar and vanilla; continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Before serving garnish pie with whipped cream and lime slices.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pound freshly chopped Rhubarbs
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F(200 degree C)
- Take a large bowl, mix flour and sugar, to this add strawberries and finely chopped rhubarb. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and let it stand for 30 minutes.
- Pour this filling into a pie crust. Spread butter over the mixture, and cover with top crust. Use water to Seal edges of top and bottom.
- Using a pastry brush apply yolk to top of the pie, sprinkle some sugar.
- Cut small holes on top to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until it turns brown. Let it cool for sometime before serving.