Malayalam film Aickarakkonathe Bhishaguaranmaar is the only film to be nominated from India for the Rome Independent Prisma Awards. The winner will be declared on April 4.
Produced by U.A.E-based Aries Group, headed by a marine engineer Sohan Roy, it’s a CSR initiative as the group has committed 75% of the revenue from the film for building homes of those who lost their dwellings in the floods that hit the state last year. The remaining 25% has been pledged for those people who suffered losses and are working in the film industry.
The film tells the tale of the life of common people in a village named Aickarakonam that traces the 5,000-year-old system of natural healing called Ayurveda, which is enjoying a major resurgence across the globe. The film, directed by Biju Majeed, features 175 new faces. - IANS