As much as the cool weather soothes your soul after a rough summer, monsoons are not everyone’s favourite time of the year! The weather is super unpredictable and you cannot make any elaborate plans without the rains playing spoilsport. Make-up of course, has to be done differently during this season, keeping in mind the high levels of humidity while you’re on the go!
Elton J Fernandez, official make-up artist, Maybelline New York, shares exciting tips which will make sure you look super fresh at every hour of the day! Here goes:
1. Use minimal foundation on your skin and make sure the focus of your look is on your eyes and lips.
2. If you prefer using a liner, I recommend using either Maybelline New York Drama Gel Liner as it can be easily blended onto your skin for different looks, or Maybelline New York Hyper Matte Liner if you like a definite wing.
3. Top it up with some bold waterproof mascara like Maybelline New York Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara, and watch your eyes come alive regardless of how dull the skies are.
4. Matte lipsticks are great, especially long wearing ones, as they reduce touch-up worries. If you prefer a matte lipstick that won’t feel too dry, try the Maybelline New York Velvet Matte range as they’re made to glide on tenderly but with full impact on your lips.
5. You can also try out Maybelline New York’s Color Sensational Vivid Mattes. It gives a great matte finish, while keeping your lips super moisturized.
6. Experiment with the graded trend- Applying lighter colours on the middle of the mouth and blend it out into a deeper colour for a beautiful dimension – It’ll be matte, but not flat.
Elton also recommends trying these fool-proof looks to keep you gorgeous this season:
Look 1 - ‘Stealing Kisses in the Rain’
This look highlights the vivid lips trend. Use Maybelline’s Dream Satin Foundation, Compact and Concealer to hide imperfections. Line the upper lids of your eyes with a stroke of Hyper Matte Liner and use Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara to add volume to your eye lashes. Maybelline’s Dream Touch Blush can make your cheeks blush perfectly. Go matte this monsoon and apply a pop shade from the Vivid Mattes range and blow vibrant matte kisses.
Look 2 - ‘My Monsoon Drama’
Sport the dramatic matte eye trend with this look. Use Dream Satin Foundation, Compact and Concealer to get flawless looking skin. Define your brows with a Fashion Brow Duo for a fierce look. Add drama to your eyes by using Drama Gel Liner for a perfect winged look. Apply Color Show Matte lip shades to add a light tint to your lips.
Make-up during the monsoons is not very complicated and if you stick to these tips, then you are bound to look stunning throughout the season. Stay matte, stay beautiful!