Kathal ki biryani
kathal (raw jack fruit)
red chilli powder
garam masala powder
green chilli paste
whole garam masala
whole wheat flour
1. Marinate and boil the kathal with ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric for 25 minutes. Make dough of the wheat flour and keep it aside. Then soak the rice for 15 minutes in water.
2. Take a lagan; make a mixture of shahi jeera, jeera powder, coriander powder, refined oil, garam masala powder, chopped coriander, chopped mint, brown onion, beaten curd, and green chilli paste. Add the first marinated kathal to this.
3. Boil around 2 litres of water in a vessel and as it boils, add whole garam masala, ginger garlic paste, salt, green chilli, chopped mint, chopped coriander, and potli masala and then add the soaked rice to it.
4. When the rice is almost half cooked, take it out and start layering on the marinated kathal. Add ghee, saffron, brown onion, chopped mint, and chopped coriander on top of it and seal the vessel with a lid lined with the whole wheat dough.
5. Put a tawa on the gas range while it is on full flame and put the vessel on top of this. Wait till smoke comes out from the lid and then reduce the flame and cook it for 15 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the vessel rest on the tawa for 10 minutes and then serve.
red wine merlot
1. Marinate the lamb shank in olive oil, garlic, and chopped basil. Then cook the lamb shank in an emulsion of red wine and demi glace. Roast the pumpkin and blend it with salt, pepper, and parsley.
2. Cook the pumpkin puree and keep adding butter to adjust the consistency. Plate the lamb shank with puree on the base and the shanks on top. Garnish it with rosemary.