milk 2 litres
sugar ½ cup
citric acid ½ tsp
water ½ cup
almonds ½ cup
1. Dissolve citric acid in water.
2. Boil half the milk in a pan, and add the citric acid solution as it comes to a boil.
3. Once the chhena has settled, drain the water through a muslin cloth. Press out the excess water. Place the dough on a plate and press down.
4. Put the remaining milk on the stove to boil.
5. Add the chhena, boil until the mixture is thick.
6. Add sugar and cook until lumpy.
7. Spread it on a greased plate. Allow it to cool at room temperature. Sprinkle chopped nuts.
8. Once set, cut it into pieces and serve.
cashew (powdered) 170 gm
sugar (powdered) 120 gm
milk powder 50 gm
cardamom powder 1/8 tsp
water 3 Tbsp
1. Bring the water to a boil in a double-boiler.
2. Add sugar and milk powder in the top pan. Stir continuously until the mixture is completely warm.
3. Mix the cashew and cardamom powder together. Knead, adding water in small amounts.
4. Continue kneading till the oil from the cashew comes out.
5. Roll the dough out to the desired thickness on wax paper.
6. Cut into desired shape, and allow it to set at room temperature.