Mangoes are a yummy treat for all in the summer season, but there is much more to this fruit than what it tastes. This delicious aromatic fruit is very beneficial to your skin that makes it a must have this summer season. The pulp of mangoes contain a rich amount of Vitamin-A which are high in anti-oxidants, which make the skin firmer and makes you look younger. It helps to regain the elasticity of your skin which prevents formation of wrinkles, and forms a protective layer to stop pores from clogging. The juice of the mango contains Vitamin- C, which helps in the production of collagen, which in turn helps battle out acne during the summer. The juice keeps the skin well hydrated and moisturized in this sultry heat. It’s a two way favorable yet advantageous fruit recommended this season.
Mangoes can be used in different forms to manage healthy skin for the summer. Here are a few easy to make and ready to use Mango face mask recipes:
1. Mix 2-3 teaspoons of fuller’s earth (multani mitti) to the pulp of one mango to form a smooth paste, rose water can be incorporated to get a refreshing feel. Leave on your face for 15 minutes or until it is dry, and then wash off the pack while gently scrubbing the mask in circular motions and rinsing it out.
2. In half a bowl of mango pulp, add 2 teaspoons of avocado and a teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix the ingredients to form a paste. Apply it and leave on for 15min and then rinse with cold water to reveal fresh glowing skin.
3. Add a teaspoon of honey and yogurt each to half a bowl of mango pulp and mix the ingredients. Apply the face pack and leave on for 15 minutes or until dry. Wipe with a warm cloth and rinse with normal water to get soft supple skin.
4. Mix together a teaspoon of oats and a tablespoon of mango to form a scrub like paste. Gently scrub the paste on your face and once it is applied all over, let it sit for about 15 minutes to dry, and then rinse it with warm and cold water alternately.
5. In half a bowl of mango pulp, add whisked egg white from one egg , and a teaspoon of honey. Mix and apply this paste for about 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water to get soft, glowing skin.
..... Devashree Goenka