Tub Tim Grob is a delicious and famous Thai dessert consisting of red rubies made with water chestnuts and rose syrup. This sweet dish is served with sweetened coconut milk and ice. A chef from Vivanta by Taj has shared this finger-licking sweet dish.
Tub Tim Grob
Water chestnut (diced)
Thick rose syrup
Tender coconut (peeled)
- Soak water chestnut in rose syrup overnight. Strain the excess syrup and set aside.
- Coat the chestnuts with tapioca flour on a flat tray. Leave outside for 1-2 hours.
- Add them to boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes. Make sure they don’t stick together. Strain and run under water. Once cool, soak them in sugar syrup. Refrigerate.
- Mix the coconut milk and sugar, and cook on low. Tie the pandana leaf into a knot and add it to the coconut milk mix. Bring to a boil and whisk constantly to get a smooth texture. Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Put the chilled, jellied water chestnut in the chilled coconut cream.
- Add crushed ice and serve chilled.