• 1 cup ricotta
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Vegetable oil (for frying)
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 12 ounce chilled Pilsner, lager-style beer, or club soda
• Zucchini blossoms (stamens removed; about 2 dozen)
• Sea salt
• To fill about 16, combine ricotta, mint, and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using a spoon, fill each blossom with about 1 Tbsp. ricotta mixture.
• In a large pot, heat about 2" oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350°. Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl, then whisk in beer until almost smooth (some small lumps are welcome—don't overwhisk or you'll deflate the batter). One by one, dredge the blossoms in batter, shaking off the excess; gently lay them in the oil, without crowding the pan. Cook, flipping once with a slotted spoon, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with sea salt and devour while hot.
Recipe from: bonappetit.com