Palak Papad Ke Kebab is a tasty and healthy dish made with spinach and flavourful spices. Allepy Fish Curry is a kerala style dish made with fish and coconut milk. A chef from Taj Deccan has shared these two recipes.
Palak Papad Ke Kebab
Green chilli paste
Roasted chana powder
Oil (for frying)
- Boil chana dal in a pressure cooker until it releases three whistles. Drain the dal and keep it aside.
- Now, boil French beans and potato with skin until it is firm.
- Blanch the spinach and chop it roughly. Make a smooth paste of all the above mentioned vegetables and dal.
- In a kadhai heat oil and add zeera, chopped ginger, chopped green chilli paste, and sauté.
- Add chopped vegetables and sauté until cooked. Follow this by adding grated boiled potato.
- Once the water dries, add chopped blanched spinach and sauté.
- Add all the powdered masalas and salt. Once the mixture is cooked add the roasted chana powder and corn fl our. Check for binding.
- Cool the mixture and divide it into equal parts.
- Make a batter with corn fl our and dip each portion into it and coat with crushed masala papad.
- Give each portion a barrel shape.
- Heat oil for deep frying and fry the spinach barrels until crisp.
Allepy Fish Curry
Medium green raw mango (de skinned and de seeded)
3 inch root
- Finely slice the onions.
- Slit the green chillies lengthwise. De-seed peel, wash and make juliennes of ginger.
- Prepare coconut milk.
- Cut fish into bite size pieces, wash, and drain.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add onions, ginger, curry leaves, green chillies, and mangoes, and stir for five minutes on medium heat.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Stir for another two minutes or till you get the aroma of the spices. Add water and bring it to boil.
- Spread curry leaves and arrange the pieces of fish in the gravy. Cover it and bring to boil.
- Now reduce the flame to medium and cook for further 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and add the coconut milk and simmer for two minutes as the milk could curdle (split) and spoil the entire curry. Do not cover until cooled.