Oven Roasted Pumpkin And Mushroom is a perfect dish made with sea bass and pumpkin butternut. Pumpkin Risotto With Ricotta And Dry Ham is another pumpkin based dish made with dry ham, pumpkin butternut and Carnaroli rice. A chef from Park Hyatt has shared the recipe for these two dishes.
Oven Roasted Pumpkin And Mushroom
Sea bass fillet (cleaned)
Salt and pepper
Chives or green onion
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes, clean the mushroom and the shallots. In a sauce pan add oil, heat and add garlic and the shallots. Braise slightly then add mushroom and herbs. Cook well and set aside.
- Season the pumpkin cubes, add thyme and bake in the oven until it’s soft (do not overcook it).
- Season the sea bass fillet with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast the shallots, mushrooms and pumpkin cubes that were previously prepared in an oven casserole.
- Place the sea bass steak in the steamer and cook well. A 200 gms fillet will take about 8 minutes.
- For the orange hollandaise sauce, beat an egg yolk until fluffy then add orange and lemon juice. Add the clarified butter slowly to incorporate it till it’s whipped to a hard foam.
- Place the fish on top of the baked mushroom and pumpkin and place a knob of hollandaise sauce on top. Garnish with finely chopped chives or green onion. Serves 4.
Pumpkin Risotto With Ricotta And Dry Ham
Chopped white onions
Salt and pepper
for the puree
- Place part of the pumpkin in the oven with the skin. Season well and cook until it gets tender (for 20--30 minutes, based on the thickness of the pumpkin, at 180°F). Remove the skin, finely blend to a puree.
- Chop the other part of the pumpkin into small cubes; slightly cook in a saucepan with butter, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Mix olive oil, salt and pepper to the ricotta; warm it up slightly.
- Place the ham to dry in an oven until crispy (212 °F for about 20 minutes). Once dry and cold, blend it to a coarse powder.
- Start cooking the rice. Braise the chopped onions along with a drop of oil and a small knob of butter until golden. Add the rice, toast well until hot and then pour the hot vegetable stock; bring to boil.
- Add the onion puree and maintain the level of stock to top the rice for about 15 minutes, then stop adding the stock and let it dry a bit. Consistency of rice should be soft, not too dry or too soggy; it should stick to the plate without running.
- Add the cubes of pumpkin, whisk with butter and parmesan cheese, set to rest for about a minute and serve.
- Plate the risotto making sure it covers the plate well, add some knobs of ricotta on the top and sprinkle with the ham powder. Serves 4.